LEE jr outriggers

my retreat

Reaction score
I have a pair of 16' lee JR outriggers that won't come apart due to salt water in the threads. Either looking for recommendations to separate or looking for a pair of used 16' 2" base replacement rigger poles.
They have been soaking in liquid wrench for a month and still can't get them apart!

Would minor heat help to separate or destroy the alluminum??

Thanks

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had to heat mine last season, the original owner never took care of them since she never used them, and she layed them flat for storage. I heated them and they came apart, but they are discolored a little where I heated them, not sure it was worth it or not. I would recommend using anti-seeze when you do get them apart to prevent it again, or when you get new ones. It is the best thing out there. If salt gets in the threads and you use greese or vasiline or anything similar, the salt will actually dry it out and make it flaky and this is where the issue occurs, antiseeze will not do this.

Boats Rock

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Taco expandable out riggers and scrapped the Lee's. They have sleeves to fit the Lee mounts.

Bebo

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem also from a previous owner. I have tried liquid wrench, beating with rubber mallet, a little heat and strap wrenches. Nothing seems to work. I have finally decided to store and transport full length both of which are a pain. Maybe someone here will have a solution.

LI Grady

Reaction score
Try a product called "7-11". Not sure who makes it but one of my crew is a machinest and he turned me on to it years ago. It amazing the stuff it has worked on. Light years ahead of Liquid Wrench or WD40