Lift configuration

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Hi Guys it's me again.Any one have a 306 on a lift?Pics and width between the bunks.? I have the lift but it is set up for a cat hull.Need to get my lift guy to set it up for the 306 Bimini. :wink: :shock: My lift is an elevator not a four poster.10,000 lbs.Should be just about maxed out but ,been "told"I will be fine.Need the dimensions to be sure.Length of bunks and space between and how much OVERHANG starting from the stern. NOT HANGOVER!!! :lol: Thanks. :wink:

Blackbird

Reaction score
Originally, I installed the hoist for a 26 foot Century (about 5500#) loaded. At the time, the hoist was rated for 10,000 pounds. When I bought the Grady, it was time to go over it. Fully loaded, the 283 is probably about 9500#. The only thing I changed were the spool pipes and the cables. I upgraded from 1/4 inch SS cables to 5/16 inch. Don't remember the spool pipe but put in the biggest I could fit inside the beam. The motors (2 of them) are 1/2 hp 220 volt. The guy that did my work told me this would increase the capacity to 15,000 pounds. The cables and spool pipes are the limiting factor, not the motors. All else, including the 8-inch diameter wood pilings and structural steel remained the same. The galvanized I-beams are 8 inch, 12 feet long and the bunks are 2/8's ( 2 together on each side). The bunks are 24 inches apart in the front and about 28 inches in the back.

This hoist was a standard design by a local Florida installer. It lifts the boat just fine. The only thing I've had to do to it is keep it lubricated and change the drive belts. I'll change the cables about every 5 years. The hoist is 10 years old and the beams are rusting but should last quite a few more years. I see no reason why this design wouldn't carry a bigger boat. Hope this helps.

JJB

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Blackbird,
Thanks, mine is all alluminum,and I think I already have 5/16 stainless cable. the question I have left for you is ...How long are the 2x8's?Where do you sit compared to the back of the transom?How much bow is not on the bunks?Are they carpeted or rubber capped?If you could post a pic that would help alot.Thanks or your efforts !! :wink: :lol:

Blackbird

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. The bunks are 16 feet long and the boat hangs over the back about 5 feet. The hull just starts to make contact with the front of the bunks. About 7 feet sticks out in front. I have water issues at low tide so keep it as far back as I can. The bunks are carpeted (needs replacing after 10 years). I'll send a couple pics that might give you an idea. I'll send more with it higher in the air soon. Hope this helps[/img]