live well pump on 09 seafarer

Grady 228

Reaction score
I'll be looking to replace my livewell pump on my 09 seafarer. It looks like it's in a tough spot. Has anyone replaced these before and what am I in for? Any recomendations on a replacement pump?

G8RDave

Reaction score
In order to get to the livewell pump you have to remove the livewell itself. It really isn't that hard. The toughest part is disconnecting the intake and discharge tubes. You can access the tubes thru the starboard access under the seat. Once the livewell is out you will have great access to the pump and everything else in the bilge. I replaced mine a few years ago. The one on mine was a cartridge type. Pirannha, I think. I just replaced the cartridge. Very easy. You're looking at maybe an hour if you take your time. While you have the livewell out, go ahead and check, lubricate and clean everything down there.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Just curious...why are you replacing the pump on a boat that is just 2 years old? We dont use our livewell as a livewell all that often and maybe you do. I am curious as to why it is being replaced?