Looking for a good Canvas guy in DE area

timo14

Reaction score
My windscreen on my top gave up a while ago... now my temporary patch is done too. I've called a couple of places I've found on-line or via referrals, but I've not been happy with the response. I cant get callbacks from 2 of them, and the other guys sounded like a complete hick. He also told me that the curtains would be made to stay on, and once removed they'd crack. One of the other guys i called cant work in the winter because it's too cold.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good company in the northern Delaware area? I'd prefer to have someone who has a shop where it'd be worked on inside.

I'm looking for a full bimini top, side, back and front curtain. The existing frame is in very good shape.

Thanks,
Tim

Finatic

Reaction score
Tim,
You might want to try Shorts Marine in Longneck, DE. They have a canvas shop there and from what I've heard they do some really nice work. I have not personally used them but I know someone who had an enclosure made there for his Gulfstream and he was extremely pleased. Shorts Marine has been handling my boat for the last 7 or 8 years and I am very happy with their service. Good luck.

Derek

dadsgirl

Reaction score
Tim, I had a top, side curtains , and rear drop curtain made by Quality Upholstery right in Ocean View, DE.
They measured and installed right in our marina, great job!!!