Losing RPM

kdneuzil

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
When we “blew” the air through the lines tubes and vent I didn’t notice anything. But then it is hard to see into the tank through the little opening there is there. I’ll check my manual for adjusting the throttle cable but I will use the boat as it currently is. I feel it is 99% of what itwas prior to my troubles. I need to find a good mechanic to service it when needed. I feel many of these marinas around don’t want to work on older motors. Ken

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I've been boating the south shore of Erie for 40 years. I've never seen the boats on the lake as thick as they are now. Monday we drove back from the islands and by South Shore Marine (one of the country's biggest GW dealers) and there was not a single boat outside for sale.
Long waits for service or service denial are the new normal around here. Kudos to you to make it happen. It could be worse.
Recently my dad's buddy has learned the hard way that the only mechanic he could get was a newbie, hack, parts replacer. Over $1k deep to correct an intermittent engine noise and it still isn't fixed.