Lower Dash E-box on Sailfish

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Happy Holidays Gents,
Boat's pulled and outside my kitchen door. Would like to upgrade GPS and would like to hid it in lower ebox. Bit small and looking for larges unit that would fit. Yea, the PO had a gimble unit mounted outside on the dash but this obstructs line of vision when sitting at the helm. Any Sailfish owners have GPS equipment mounted in that tiny box? Looking at the Garmin 740S and need to take some measurements. It'll never fit on the gimble and I would have to rig a flush mount inside the ebox. Any ideas?

reelserious

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Saifish which has a Furuno 1850 combo GPS/fishfinder mounted in the lower box. It is a tight fit to remove/reinstall every season, but it fits. I don't know what current units are the same dimensions, but I suspect even a quarter inch more in the height or depth and it wouldn't fit....that's how close it is. I pulled these dimensions off a website rather than go unwrap the unit down in the basement....I assume they are correct. Dimensions 11.4''W x 8.5''H x 4.8''D

Your other option would be to remove the door and flushmount.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
thanks reel. Assuming you have it on a gimble mount since you take it out every year. Gotta double check the dims on the 740S. Think it's too big on the gimble mount. Was looking at flush mounting it, mounting the starboard about 1" inside the box.