Lowrance Hds-5 GPS Receiver

Grady_Boy

Reaction score
I was looking into this unit for my 226 Grady. I usually go for flounder ect. but, i would like to do more structure fishing as well as striper and blue fishing. Has anyone had any problems with these units and do they work well? Please let me know what you think about this unit or features I may want to consider. Thanks!

Renegade

Reaction score
I was lookin hard at the Lowrance HD models, but I kept reading reviews about lowrance service which wasn't impressive, so I decided to go with the HB 898c si instead. Just got it Monday, but it'll be a few weeks before I can install it.

Grady_Boy

Reaction score
choice

I looked around and for the most point I've heard that it waw the best buy for the what you get. I the basic model is like 799. I was also wondering about the outboard mounted transducer. Are they problems?

Renegade

Reaction score
The included transducer is a transom mount. I think the bass fisherman are using an optional outboard mount of some sort and mounting it at 90 degrees, for forward looking capability with a trolling motor.

Grady_Boy

Reaction score
For the money I've heard that its the best buy. As for the transducer being mounted on the outside of the boat, I hear that you can paint it with a special bottom paint and also it needs to be just scrubed from time to time. Beware not to paint the temp sensory with the paint as this will distort the info. But, thanks guys!