Marine Grade Teak

Gibsonsky

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 204
Anybody know a good resource/supplier for teak?
Would like to replace a few doors approximately 12 x 16

ocdansar

Reaction score
Boat outfitters . Com aka teak isle. They are right next door to my warehouses. Great bunch of guys.

Reactions: Fuzz

garyroe

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I used TotalBoat Teak Oil. I used this on my outdoor wooden patio furniture. Used about a third to cover my eight foot table with a few coats . Soaked up nice . It made the grain kind of pop out which is good . The rain beads off it nicely like it’s supposed to .
I used a brush to apply. It left little bubbles at first coat . But while wet I rebrushed gently and they all disappeared . Good stuff I’m going to use it on the chairs next.

Reactions: PointedRose

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I used TotalBoat Teak Oil. I used this on my outdoor wooden patio furniture. Used about a third to cover my eight foot table with a few coats . Soaked up nice . It made the grain kind of pop out which is good . The rain beads off it nicely like it’s supposed to .
I used a brush to apply. It left little bubbles at first coat . But while wet I rebrushed gently and they all disappeared . Good stuff I’m going to use it on the chairs next.
So satisfying to reclaim old teak wood furniture. I’ve used Daly’s Seafin teak oil. Doing a couple oil coats and then wait a few weeks and then going to apply some coats of epifanes varnish.

Reactions: garyroe