MARLIN 300 Lists to port

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Marlin 300. Does any one have a list to port? I feel I always have to use the trim tab to stabilize a port side list vs a starboard list. I did just replace the batteries (all on the port side) but they are Dekas - should weigh about 200 lbs. I also just sealed the live well where it seals to the cap. I did not notice any water on the port side unless it could be hiding and or trapped? I think this is highly unlikely but I am throwing it out there. List is worse at idle and slow speeds. Thoughts?

gerrys

Reaction score
A few questions first. Is your livewell full? Is your fresh water tank full? Have you checked the distribution of coolers, gear, etc?

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for responding - live well was empty - Fresh water was full, but I believe the water tank in my boat is in the bilge near the transom and in the middle. No issue with coolers. 1/2 full of gas about even in each tank roughly 150 gallons combined.

I do have about 75 lbs of gear (tools, parts, etc) in the port front cabin berth (under cushions). However this is somewhat offset by two spare props in the starboard side berth. Maybe I can switch the gear to starboard and see if makes a difference.

The boat does level out with a couple hits on the port trim tab so the ride is not drastic. It just seems it should run almost even given proper distribution.