Marlin transducer dilemma

MA208

Reaction score
I had a new Raymarine Axiom RV and radar installed over the winter. Boat is now in the water and my transducer is dead (B256). I'm thinking of my options, any advice? Photo is under my mid berth where the current transducer is, bottom of the photo being the port side:

1) Have boat pulled, blocked and a new thru-hull transducer installed, then relaunched. Maybe a B60 flush mount would be easier and quicker? The B256 is huge so it looks like I don't have much space to work with if that gets left in.

2) Put in an in hull transducer and hope for the best ($), maybe a P79? Deepest I fish is 150-200'
Thoughts?
tempImagezlnhDA.jpg

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not sure if it helps, but the best 2-4" holes Grady Dealer talked me into cutting was the best. These are mounted on the Factory ducer blocks in the stern bilge. They hold bottom great and you don't have the heat problems etc. with thru hulls. They cost too, but going 3 years no issues. B175H-W (Hi Wide is great) 20deg rise. Yes, haul out, time, cost, I do understand, just had my 2 motors and bottom paint done.