Motor Well Modifications

timberxx

Reaction score
I have a 205 tournament, and the first mate is not pleased with the exposed lines in the motorwell. This was the first thing she noticed when we went to see a sistership 8 months ago.

There are two distinct sets of lines. The first are the gas and motor controls, the second is the hydraulic steering line.

My first reaction was to cover them with a wire wrap. A flexible tube with a slit in it would wrap each of the lines.

She would like a fiberglass top that would cover the entire motor well. I see three problems with this solution. First it could be a safety concern with water coming over the transom. Second to have the motor fully trimmed it would mostly likely utilize the entire well. And third is the excessive cost of a custom fiberglass piece that matches the grady color exactly.

Opinions?
[/img]

Pez Vela

Reaction score
Your first mate is well on her way to becoming an admiral. Join the club. I thought about doing the same at one time, but I lay down on the couch and rested until the urge passed. If the admiral's ... err ... first mate's concern is the appearance of the rigging, why not span the splashwell with a snap-on-snap-off vinyl cover. Kind of a family-togetherness sewing project with minimal expense.