mounting hydraulic steering....

blackgrady

Reaction score
I'm restoring an 85 Trophy Pro. After having the transom checked out as ok (sat covered for 10 years), I glassed the top, gel coated it and made a massive support bracket for the twin Evinrude 200's. I'm ready to mount the steering cylinder again to the transom, and was wondering if anyone had any measurements/advice to finding the correct spot to reattach it. Also, what would be the best way, bolt it the entire way through or use some huge screws. When I got the boat, it was not connected and the holes glassed over. Thanks in advance guys.

Black Grady

Hopefully I can get some pictures this weekend and update the progress...it looks like a new boat with the Taco rubrail finally on

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Check the teleflex webiste they should have directions on these things.

Most twin outboards use a cylinder type and tie bar requireing no boat mount. If you can use yours you will save plenty, a new cyclinger and tie bar combo is about $750, as I recall.

PM me if yours doesn't work out, I have the cylinder and tie bar available, left over from the repowering a few years ago.

blackgrady

Reaction score
thanks, i would really appriciate that. I will post a picture of whats on there now and maybe that will help out.