Mounting Stereo Location Advice

Mjdap

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2004 Sailfish, with a nice Sony CDX M10 unit located in the large helm station electronic box. I am considering reconfiguring the various electronics on the boat, and I want to flush mount chartplotter/ff. To achieve this I have to relocate the stereo head unit.

So, what are some of your preferred mounts?

I have seen them, when inside the cabin, at the galley, and I have seen them in the hard top electronics box, port side.

Anyway, I also would need to run new stereo wiring and power to the new location, so that factors into it as well.

I am wondering if moving the stereo is too much of a PIA, causing some other issue, and maybe not flush mount the electronics at this time, but mount my new Raymarine A70D within the current helm station electronics box.

Thanks for any input

reelbeliever

Reaction score
Here's how I did mine. This is a 2006 Journey 258. That's a Polyplanar radio mount, installed underneath the electronics box inside the cabin. Working well for me. I still use the remote control, just stick my hand inside the doorway.

-rb

Attachments

• radio mount.jpg
    radio mount.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 734

Mjdap

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. that install looks pretty good.

I am going to mount in the port side hardtop electronics box. I will let you know how that turns out.