MOVING BATTERIES

Reaction score
HELLO I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE TO RELOCATE MY TWO BATTERIES THAT I HAVE IN THE. BOAT IS 1988 204 C OVERNIGHTER I"M TRYING GET SOME WEIGHT OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT THANKS

seasick

Reaction score
SUNSHINE 204 C said:
HELLO I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE TO RELOCATE MY TWO BATTERIES THAT I HAVE IN THE. BOAT IS 1988 204 C OVERNIGHTER I"M TRYING GET SOME WEIGHT OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT THANKS
I assume you want to raise the stern. If so, the first question is why? Suppose you re powered to a larger/heavier motor and now the boat is stern heavy. Moving the batteries may be an option but assuming it has a Yami motor and remote oil tank, the starboard to port balance might be affected. There aren't that many places to remote the batteries to and you would want them as far forward as possible.
It might help to leave the batteries and add weight to the bow. You can experiment with weight in the forward locker and see if that helps.If it does, you can 'permanently' add weight there, just make sure it is cushioned and doesn't flop around in seas.

Sitkasun

Reaction score
Excellent choice. I did this on mine 2 years ago (204). There is a really nice void space between the seats. I cut a hatch in and fastened a piece of Starboard to make a level floor. I installed two AGMs (in brackets), a 3 stage charger, and a BEP switch all in the space. Works great, always dry and you get 40-50 lbs of the stern.