MY 23 GULFSTREAM

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
HI I'M JOEY AND I'M NEW TO THIS I PURCHASED A 2005 23 FT WALK A ROUND GULF STREAM LAST AUGUST AND I'M HAVING A LIL PROBLEM REACHING THE C COCKS IN THE BILGE I'M OLD AND FAT ( HA HA ) I CAN NOT REACH THE 2 OF THEM IN THE BILGE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE TO MAKE MY PROBLEM EASIER. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT THANK YOU, JOEY.... OH IF POSSIBLE PLEASE SEND ME AN E MAIL I READ MY E MAILS ALMOST EVERY DAY IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS @ USSBATHTUB@AOL.COM THANK YOU AGAIN

Denko

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
You could consider having someone drill the ends of the handles and add rods that ended under the seat access, I've seen that on models with a deeper bilge...

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
THANK YOU DENNIS, I'M SORRY FOR BEING SUCH AND IDIOT BUT I HAD A 21FT CC FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND NOW ALL THIS BIGGER BOAT STUFF IS NEW TO ME. THE GRADY IS LIKE A BATTLE SHIP COMPARED TO MY CC THANK YOU AGAIN I'VE BEEN LOOKING TO SEE IF THEY MAKE A KIT FOR THAT IF NOT YOUR IDEA IS GREAT THANK YOU I REALLY APPRECIATE IT ....JOEY

Reactions: Denko

grady23

Reaction score
A small trick when backing your Gulfstream if it has a bracket mounted engine. Tilt your motor(s) about 10-15 Degrees so the propwash is pushed under the boat instead of smack uo against the hull.

Bumpye

Reaction score
Hi Joey. I too have a Gulfstream (2003) and had the EXACT same problem as you. Welcome to the old & fat club! I always felt a handle that fit over the lever would work. I was thinking of making my own out of PVC and then I found this product:

https://www.topshelfmarine.com/shop/?product=sea-cock-ball-valve-helper/

This works "wicked pissah". Just make sure the valves/sea cocks are not frozen. The added leverage will break them if they are. I have two of them.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Pretty good addressing attaching to the valve and providing an easy to handle foam end. It would be nice if it telescoped too. I love the "buy one for every valve" pitch in the video; I think one on the boat would be more than enough. This is something that I would make my own if I needed it. Surprised that the Gulf doesn't have rod extenders. The ones on my boat extend up near the access plate. just pull up and down. This tool wouldn't work with those in place.

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
HI I'M JOEY AND I'M NEW TO THIS I PURCHASED A 2005 23 FT WALK A ROUND GULF STREAM LAST AUGUST AND I'M HAVING A LIL PROBLEM REACHING THE C COCKS IN THE BILGE I'M OLD AND FAT ( HA HA ) I CAN NOT REACH THE 2 OF THEM IN THE BILGE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE TO MAKE MY PROBLEM EASIER. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT THANK YOU, JOEY.... OH IF POSSIBLE PLEASE SEND ME AN E MAIL I READ MY E MAILS ALMOST EVERY DAY IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS @ USSBATHTUB@AOL.COM THANK YOU AGAIN
THANK YOU EVERY ONE THESE ARE ALL VERY HELPFUL

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
A small trick when backing your Gulfstream if it has a bracket mounted engine. Tilt your motor(s) about 10-15 Degrees so the propwash is pushed under the boat instead of smack uo against the hull.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I AM HAVING PROBLEM DOCKING THIS BOAT I HAD A 21 FT CC WITH A VERY DEEP V AND I GUESS AFTER 30 YEARS OF DOCKING IT I LEARNED HOW TO DO IT. THE GRADY IS NEW TO ME BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I'M GETTING FROM GRADY OWNERS THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS... JOEY

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Also, just something to think about. On your keyboard, that caps lock key.. throw it under the bilge. It will lift the opening half an inch and make more room... and also make your posts a LITTLE EASIER TO READ. Jes sayin.. lol

hehe :p

us old guys have nothing to do at 2 am when we cannot sleep ;)

R

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I REALLY COULD USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET THANK YOU AGAIN JOEY

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
And post photos of that beautiful boat too...may not help, but we like to see them anyway;)

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
And post photos of that beautiful boat too...may not help, but we like to see them anyway;)
I'LL POST SOME PHOTOS WHEN I PUT IT IN THE WATER IN A FEW WEEKS. I CHANGED THE BLUE CURTAINS TO ALL NEW PLASTICS AND WHITE BOARDERS, NEW ELECTRONICS INCLUDING RADAR. WHAT I DID DO THAT A FRIEND OF MINE IN FLORIDA WHO HAS A 33 GRADY TO ME TO DO. BEING I'M SO SLIM & TRIM HA HA AND 68 YEARS OLD I HAD MY FRIEND PUT THE ENGINE RINSE HOSE AND CONNECTION ON THE INSIDE OF THE COCKPIT SO SKINNY OLD ME CAN JUST PLUG IN THE FRESH WATER HOSE IN WITHOUT CLIMBING OUT OVER THE TRANSOM AND STANDING ON THE SWIM PLATFORM AND ALMOST FALLING IN WHILE TRYING TO SCREW THE HOSE INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE ENGINE COWLING. I'LL TRY AND SEND SOME PHOTOS OF IT FROM LAST YEAR. 20180915_121256_1537028510478.jpg

Attachments

• 20180915_122041_1537028510622.jpg
    20180915_122041_1537028510622.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13