my brand new rod holder, the 258 journey

alantani

Reaction score
102_0601.JPG

102_0602.JPG

102_0605.JPG

thank you maritime electronics, sausalito, california, for a complete eletronics package. left to right is me, and the maritime staff - galen, billy, mike, ari, sandy and tony.

next is the canvas, then back to the dealer for detailing, and then she comes home.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Beautiful! And twins too! What's the electronics package?

alantani

Reaction score
logistically, i needed to get it to the electronics guys before the dealer could go through the final systems check. then off to the canvas lady, then back to the trailer guy, then back to the dealer for a final go through. he made me promise that i would not splash it before he gave it the final ok. i guess he figured i would not miss the props!

hahrumpf!!!

Average Joe

Reaction score
Man that's a nice rig!!! Congratulations.

I wonder what that fishing machine costs... 70, 80, 90k? I'm thinking of moving up in a couple of years and that's one model I'm considering.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
CONGRATULATIONS on a really sweet boat.

Hope it brings you all the pleasure, safety and FISH you could want.

We repowered our 270 from a single 250 OX66 to twin F150s, and it moves along really well. I imagine your 258 will be even faster, and more economical.

Also, really enjoy your posts on THT about reel maintenance.

Brian

reelscreamer2

Reaction score
Journey 258 electronics package....

:) That's an awesome fishing machine you have there! I'm also seriously considering the Journey 258. I was wondering what electronics package you purchased and whether or not you decided to flush mount your electronics. I'm also curious as to why you went with maritime electronics in sausalito. A final question I have is about your transducer. I didn't notice one on the transom, so I was wondering if you went with a shoot thru hull model or possibly a thru-hull model. Keep us informed of how it goes when you finally get the hull wet. Congratulations and have fun!

gradyskip

Reaction score
Hey Alan,

Congratulations! What a great looking boat. Lots of room in the cockpit area which I bet was a plus for you. Look foward to seeing her in Santa Cruz this June. Just in time for salmon too!

Skip