My windshield leaks ??

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
So now that the boat is starting the new season with a newly installed fuel tank and repaired deck hatch among other things, this early spring was a good time to clean her up and wax her.
Also broke out the full enclosure which I hadn't put up in years and fitted it properly after repairing a bimini pole a couple of years ago.
It was raining while I was in the enclosure doing some other minor tweaks and noticed water coming into the helm area from where the windshield is attached to the vessel (see video).
Has anyone seen this before, and do I need to remove the windshield and seal it where it gets attached to the boat?

seasick

Reaction score
It looks like the rubber gasket that sandwiches the glass has shrunk ( a common aging thing) and has pulled away from the ends. Water runs in that space and drains out of the bottom.
In an ideal word, one would replace the gasket but that is asking for trouble. Instead apply some black RTV or silicon caulk to the open area and mold it to match the contour of the gasket. You need to do that on the outside. Doing the inside only may look nice but won't stop the leak.