Nearing the end of the season...

phazzard

Reaction score
Was out on Casco Bay (Maine) this morning at 7am. 34 degrees, 10 knot breeze out of the NNE, mild chop. Had the bay to myself and was marveling at the difference 1' of boat can make in quality of life and length of season. I've always put my boat in in early April and hauled it out around Thanksgiving, but had to be fairly careful in the first and last weeks of the season. Last fall I "moved up" from a 19' Wellcraft center console to a '93 Grady 208. Even though it's only a foot longer and 5 years older, I LOVE THIS BOAT!

I was warm as toast making my way out to a family camp on one of the islands - closing up for the season - and for the first time felt like my boat belonged on the water this time of year. I'll be pulling the boat sometime next week and beginning the long wait to April. Just wanted to share a great morning!

Pete H

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I shrink wrapped mine today :cry:

All in all, not the greatest season. Too much rain and crappy weather in June & July. Then the wind and storms in September & October. I am very much looking forward to next spring!!!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Back in 1990, when I bought my first Grady, (204c Overnighter), I heard people say that is the biggest 20' boat on the water. I thought that was silly; a 20' is a 20'. Until I took her out, then I knew what they were talking about.

Glad you are enjoying your Grady, and like most of us northerners, it will be a long wait for April. (but I'm gonna spend some of it in the Keys... so there :D