need fuel tank size for a 1985 190 Tournament

hookem

Reaction score
I just bought a 1985 Grady 190 tournament that needs a fuel tank replacement. Can anyone help me with the shape and dimensions? Also its a 25" transom right?

Thanks

Hookem

Attachments

• img_0722.jpg
    img_0722.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 834

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
45 gal according to the '86 sales brochure. Call Grady and they can probably give you the specs ... :wink:

leafybug

Reaction score
I've been working on my Sailfish chasing and replacing fuel lines and now I've discovered that I too need fuel tanks. I emailed grady white and they called me back within a day or so. They were a ton of help, gave me model numbers, gallons, and options of tanks. If your doing tanks, check the lines too, I know mine is becoming quite the project. Good looking boat. Best of luck...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had an '86 190 Tournament. The transom is 20".

As for the tank, I had to replace mine...went with one from RDS aluminum in Perry, FL as they had manufactured the original one. They had the exact plans, charged it to my CC, and delivered it to my door via UPS. Their website is http://www.rdsaluminum.com

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call Phil at Alloy metal works (631.694.8163), there is a good chance he has the specs on your boat. If he doesn't, call Grady and they can emal you a schematic of your tank.
BTW, Phil does awesome job, not the cheapest guy, but great job.

hookem

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information, it has been very helpful.
I will let you know how I make out!

Thanks again, Hookem