Need Help From Guys Who Tow, Pls

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The new truck I want to buy comes with a 7-pin connector, and my trailer is a 5-pin. Is there a converter that will make the 7 compatible with the 5?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There's a 7-4 and a 7-5 connector, they look basically the same.

Tundra1

Reaction score
The 5 pin is flat design, and the 7 pin round right? I have a 7 round to 4 flat converter that came with my Duramax. I use it with my Tundra as well. I havent chased down the 5 th pin, just have used the 5 pin flat on the trailer and plug it into the 4 pin flat of the converter. Everything works fine. Not sure if the 5th pin is for live power, or perhaps elec brake. Any trailer shop or carquest or Napa will have 7 round to 4 flat converter.

ryan

Average Joe

Reaction score
Go to your local trailer supply store and show them what you have and they will fix you right up.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Message for Tundra1

Yeah, I'm buying a Toyota Tacoma (should be plenty of HP to pull a 208 Adventure). So what you have is what I will have. It's a 7 pin round on the vehicle, and 5 flat on the trailer. Thanks for the info.
EJF

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Any auto parts store will have the 7 to 5 adapter. They come in two styles...1 has a length of wire and a 7 round on one end and a 5 flat on the other. The other style is a 1 piece molded plastic adapter.

Expect it to set you back about $10 or so.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
The Tacoma will work great, especially if your getting a 4x4.
The upgrade will eventually pay for itself by you not having to replace rear tires as quickly. Nice truck all around.