Need help with gunwale ladder

bicyclops

Reaction score
I do not have a swim platform and was thinking about adding one, but after talking to some people about potential problems with water getting into the transom wood core, I have decided against this. I want to get a gunwale ladder and was wondering what models people use. I have a 2001 adventure 208.

Thanks

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
all i can say is if you are going gunwale ladder, don't cheap out. i remember using them as a kid. i would try to find a very sturdy one that locks open and has the lower supports lined up with a reinforced part of the hull (like maybe just above the chime?).

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought one that has plastic steps and plastic tube sides with rope in the middle. The thing folds up great and attaches to a cleat on the front of the boat (we go to a spit and sometimes it can be 10' deep at the aft so the kids wanted to get on via the bow). It sux to use. The think spins around and nobody can seem to make it work well.

One of those things that looked good in the store, but disappoints onboard.
We always try to use it when the kids are dry and don't want to get wet before going home. Maybe it would work abeam where the sides are flat.