Need new cabin cushions for 2003 Grady White 2088

LRensberger59

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I need to have cushions made for the cuddy cabin of my 2003 Grady White Adventure 208. Trying to find a template to get measurements of each cushion needed, to take to an upholstery shop. Any ideas?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This is not a knock against anyone here, but you don't want to trust some unknown guy's measurements. You want to take your own measurements and make your own templates. Start with cardboard, then transfer to foam board insulation for your final templates. Leave a little bit of wiggle room.

The other option is to just drop the whole boat off at the upholsterer or pay them to come to you.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
A good fabricator will insist on taking their own measurements unless (and maybe even if) working with original cushions. Trusting someone else's measurements is one of the fastest ways to have an unhappy client.

seasick

Reaction score
There are four cushions for the 208 cabin:
Port and starboard 'soft' cushions. Each side has different dimensions.
The over the porta potty 'hard' cushion. This is a heavy stiff bottom cushion that sits over the space where the porta potty is ( or was)
The fourth cushion is similar construction to the porta potty filler but fits the gap over the aft area of the cabin where you normally step down. This cushion is rarely used unless you actually do adult overnights..
These two hard cushions need to be pretty exact since they need to fit snugly into the open space. For them, a fabricator would need to make a template for your cabin or at least look at the cabin space to understand how the fillers are supported.

I have never used the aft cabin filler. I always use the filler over the porta potty space but I don't use/carry the device.

LRensberger59

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thank you for everyone's help.
We will definitely hire a marine upholstery person to measure first.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Most shops will come to your boat if you request it. You could also make paper templates, very easy to do.