Need new Tach on '99 Sailfish Yam 225 OX66

johnnyboy

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all. Please if any one can help me in finding a new tach for my grady. The tach is going and it needs replacing. I havent contacted Yamaha yet but wanted to shop around cause they are expensive. Also another odd question for you guys: Are the trim tab switches purposely opposite direction wise? Thanks for all your replies!! :bang

btw: tach i need is the one that shoes if any alarms are to go. On my sailfish, its the top right tach!!

freddy063

Reaction score
both tachs should be the same, use the port side tach to trouble shoot, if you move from the bad tach wire to the good tach and the tach works that will tell you your wires are all good.

Gary M

Reaction score
I just went through a tach swap myself on an OX-66. You'll find the best price by ordering an entire rigging kit for about $269 from the nice folks at http://www.simyamaha.com. If you buy the tach alone, it's gonna be in the $350 range....... go figure!

My new tach hooked right up and I had two, square multi-plugs as well as four stand-alone butt-connectors. In the myriad of wires behind my panel, I put a pice of tape on the 4 solo wires to make it easy to find them later and to keep the colors straight. They are four different colors. The square plugs needed some prodding from a tiny flat screwdriver that's normally used on glasses! You'll need some very small ignition wrenches to take the gauge loose itself.

My new gauge is identical to the old one except that it has a small "h" which I thought was an hourmeter but it doesn't add up the hours correctly. Since I have stand-alone hour meters, I don't care. It looks like this and original one did not have the little h........ Good Luck!

pg29_TACH.jpg

johnnyboy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, both sites look great. Lets hope it works out well. Thanks to all..

Hey quick question, how the hell do i post a pic on here? Thanks

Gary M

Reaction score
You must first upload your photos to an online web hosting site like Photobucket.com. Once they are there, you copy the web link to THAT photo by to the the IMG box right above any posting/reply box where you type in your posts. It just takes some practice......

You might want to search around here on "Posting pics" etc as I'm sure that this subject has been addressed many times......

freddy063

Reaction score
If that's the tach you have, just like the pic, I have one, $ 100. bucks is what I paid, but it was diffrent that the other so I have to get a new one. do you want it?

Bebo

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I replaced one Tach about two years ago and now the other one is going bad. I am having trouble finding a match now and hate to replace an almost new tach to make them match. My tachs have the three colored icons on the lower left of the display. Been watching ebay, and have a feeling if I find one it will be old and likely to go bad soon or new and cost as much as replacing both tachs with the newer style. Gonna call Andy Jr.at SIM today and see what they have.

johnnyboy

Reaction score
Damn I wish i saw your post earlier, i would of both yours, I went through that simyamaha company. And yes I have the same tach with the 3 color triangles, im sure one will come up for you on ebay. I cant wait that long cause its almost totally gone and that can spell disaster.

G1STBASS2011.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg