Need some bow roller advise

TVillani

Reaction score
Model
Dolphin
I recently got a crazy deal on a lewmar profish package that included a bow roller and a stainless delta anchor. My issue is the now roller is 3 1/8” wide and the channel in the bow spirit looks to be about 1 3/4” wide. Any suggestions on how to retrofit the new one onto my bow spirit without cutting and grinding?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I installed a Five Ocean's pivoting anchor roller for my Lewmar ProFish 700 and Delta anchor. Self launching.

I did re-work the fiberglass. The davit was filled level and the opening had to be made wider to accommodate the pivoting roller. Well worth the trouble.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I recently got a crazy deal on a lewmar profish package that included a bow roller and a stainless delta anchor. My issue is the now roller is 3 1/8” wide and the channel in the bow spirit looks to be about 1 3/4” wide. Any suggestions on how to retrofit the new one onto my bow spirit without cutting and grinding?
I'm confused as to what you CURRENTLY have and what you bought. Can you clarify? But, generally, if you bought something bigger than the hole it has to go in (is this what you are talking about?) then it won't work without cutting/modification... and then you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'm confused as to what you CURRENTLY have and what you bought. Can you clarify? But, generally, if you bought something bigger than the hole it has to go in (is this what you are talking about?) then it won't work without cutting/modification... and then you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.
If it's just a roller and doesn't give you self-launch (which I wanted) I would have to agree with DennisG01.

IMG_2810.jpeg IMG_2811.jpeg IMG_2812.jpeg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
If its a pivoting roller you can FILL the channel. If not, you have to widen the channel.
I'm actually contemplating the same project since I added a capstan.

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Will the anchor work with your existing bow roller? That would be the simplest solution. Do you like your current anchor? Newer and shinier is not always better.
hehehe I ordered a $60 galvanized claw on Amazon, they sent me a SS Lewmar delta. I'll never use it. Its hanging in the garage.
So I ordered again, they sent me the right anchor. I already lost that one to a wreck.