Need to locate the hot water heater

Duty Free

Reaction score
Proud owner of a 30' Marlin and love the features ... can't seem to locate the hot water heater ?? Can anyone help... it is a 1996 and I looked everywhere to determine the location...

Also, have 2003 250 HPDI's and would like to know what to expect for fuel :wink: in terms of gals per hr or miles per gal. Be gentle...!!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Sadly, :( I don't have a Marlin, but the water heater on my Sailfish is all the way forward under the V-berth. Did you look there?

seabob4

Reaction score
Water Heaters (thank god you didn't say "Hot water heater"!) have been known to be located under galley areas on boats this size. Pull the fridge and take a peek...
Shruggingshoulders.gif

georgemjr

Reaction score
I was unable to copy and paste the page, but the owners manual is available on Grady White website. Chapter 7, page 17 shows the fresh water diagram. It shows the water heater to be port side just aft of the bulkhead. I haven't been on that boat but would look inside compartments there. They are sometimes behind built in drawers or cabinets.

gerrys

Reaction score
On mine, was located under the helm chair. You had to remove the tackle drawers to access.

Duty Free

Reaction score
Found the heater...

Thanks everyone for the valuable imput on locating the water heater...
I really appreciate the information.