new 265 express owner

lariatjoe

Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a used 2000 265 express w/yamaha 225 ox 66's. just a sea trial and a slow trip to the marina that I'm keeping it in. so far so good can't wait to get out into the open water, I'm in fort lauderdale. I'll be reading the forum to get any info on this model grady and I appreciate any help or advice. thanks in advance, Joe

Enough Already

Reaction score
Congrats Joe - you should have a great time with that boat. I purchased my 2001 in 2003 with less than 100 hours on the same motors. I live about 30 minutes north of you and use the Hillsboro and Boca inlets for ocean access. Happy to help you out with boat questions, sources for parts, Grady club info, trips, etc. Just PM any time if you have any questions.

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi ! Congratulations ! Gradys are great boats and this forum supports these boats from A to Z. I am sure you will find both very satisfying. I bought a Voyager 24 two years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the boat with hardly any problems. We are in Marblehead Mass. during most of the year and spend the winter (Jan-March) on the Nu River in Ft. Lauderdale. :welcome Lew

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats! I've had my 2004 265 for a year now and thoroughly enjoy it. It handles the rough stuff real well and is very dry. I suggest reading the many posts on the boat on this board- very helpful in understanding the boat. Please PM me if you have any questions. I installed all new electronics including flush mounting the 12" Raymarine display on the front of the electronics box. The path to running the tducer cables is not obvious so perhaps I could be of assistance if you decide to tackle it. Good luck!

eppem

Reaction score
As all previous have said "congrats". We bought a 2003 265 powered with twin F225s in 2006 with 84 hours on the boat and never looked back.

Use the tabs sparringly and trim the motors a tad when you are on plane. Lots of folks to answer questions on this site.

Enjoy

Mike

GW 265 "EPPE"

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Congratulations. Got mine back in the spring and love it, fantastic boat. Tons of good info and very helpful folks on this board. Good luck and enjoy the winter season.

lariatjoe

Reaction score
Took the boat out today, left work a little early. not early enough. thought I could catch the afternoon bite, but no such luck. took my lab with me, he was a nervous wreck. I hope he gets used to going out with me. anyway, the boat performed flawlessly. what an awsome ride. I just trimmed the motors all the way down. and hit the sweet spot at 35, and cruised about 20mph or so. went out about 7 miles out of port everglades.tried to find some weeds or birds, but weeds were sparse. I trolled for a couple hours, and trolled back in. not one hit. beautiful day on the water, so I cant complain. impressed with the boat so far.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Enjoy! Another happy 265 owner here!
I have had mine for quite a few seasons and still love her!
Tim