New 366 on order

SeaSaw

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello all new member here.

I have placed an order for a new 366 Canyon 3 x 300 to be delivered in early spring in Brick, NJ.

Any tips on electronics or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at Raymarine E120W and was wondering what the more expensive 400 model sounder does for me and if another brand autopilot (say Simrad) is recommended. :hmm

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
congrats.

i have a garmin setup and am very happy with it. the best thing to do is get out and play around with equipment at boat shows and dealers. i know the west marine superstore in brick, nj has a great display section. good luck with everything. ron

ahill

Reaction score
My Son's Contender dealer said that Simrad isbetter than Ray due to course tracking response time on fast boats. Ray seems to lag at higher speeds.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On another note, congrats on the new boat. Did you run that boat with the 300's ? I did run the one with 3-350's and she was so,so. We never got to pass the 49 MPH with no bottom paint, 3 people on board and nearly empty on gas.

SeaSaw

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
On another note, congrats on the new boat. Did you run that boat with the 300's ? I did run the one with 3-350's and she was so,so. We never got to pass the 49 MPH with no bottom paint, 3 people on board and nearly empty on gas.

I'll be good with mid to high 40's considering the beam of 13.5'. But maybe I'll do better on the CC since these motors will be almost 800 lbs lighter than the 350's. I'm coming from a 38 Rampage with 2 x C9 so this will seem like a Cigarette!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SeaSaw said:
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:

I'll be good with mid to high 40's considering the beam of 13.5'. But maybe I'll do better on the CC since these motors will be almost 800 lbs lighter than the 350's. I'm coming from a 38 Rampage with 2 x C9 so this will seem like a Cigarette!

I know what you mean, when i had bought the 306 i was coming from twin diesels my self and the 306 felt like a rocket ship.