New Design and Forum Software Upgrade

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seasick said:
Parthery said:
One laptop has IE 7, the other 2 have IE 8
Check to see if your browswer is set to clear temp files on exit. I have noticed that some forums save data in temp and some in cookie folder.

Its not. And this is the only forum I browse regularly that suddenly has this problem......

Bill_N

Reaction score
There seems to be a problem with the auto sign on feature.

Also, what happens to your post if you "Save" it?

Bill

JOSH S

Reaction score
There is definitely a problem with the auto sign on feature. It does not work for me in IE 7 or 8 and it does not work with Safari either. I think I tried firefox as well. I have tried on 5 different computers at different locations in the last week and the same results.

seasick

Reaction score
JOSH S said:
There is definitely a problem with the auto sign on feature. It does not work for me in IE 7 or 8 and it does not work with Safari either. I think I tried firefox as well. I have tried on 5 different computers at different locations in the last week and the same results.
Very currious.
I am running XP-pro SP3 with IE8 and have no problems.

seabob4

Reaction score
Noticed from day 1 that when I click on "Active Topics", I get "Sorry, no matches found". Any hints, Jeff?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've pretty much resigned myself to the frustrating nuances of the new software. I enjoy my Grady...talking about them...sharing insight etc.... That said, its a complete PITA to navigate the site now.

:sorry Jeff. I hope the tweaks will ultimately fix the issues. And no - I have no intentions of boycotting.....

seabob4

Reaction score
Parthery said:
I've pretty much resigned myself to the frustrating nuances of the new software. I enjoy my Grady...talking about them...sharing insight etc.... That said, its a complete PITA to navigate the site now.

:sorry Jeff. I hope the tweaks will ultimately fix the issues. And no - I have no intentions of boycotting.....

Yes you do...
ifyourhappydancearoundandscreamya.gif

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Parthery - thanks for the tip about the "removing temp files" option. Since turning that option off, the autologin feature works for the first time. Not sure I would ever have tried that.

Gary 93 Gulfstream

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As others have noted it doesn't recognise me automatically ; also I have noticed my profile only shows the link to my boat picture; and yes it times out very quickly.........looks fine but not really working as well as previous software. Sorry to have to relate this as i appreciate your efforts to improve.......Haydn

awnuld

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SeaFarer

Congrats on the new look/design of the site.... it's a pretty slick upgrade.. I plan to donate something for your efforts... I'd be more than willing to donate more in addition for the purchase of a Tshirt with that cool GG logo on it...

thanks for what you do..

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im using Vista and its still not remembering me.If changing a setting will help please let me know..Thanks

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I also can't get site to remember me. I'm using IE8 on Vista and "clear temp files on exit" is not checked.

Rob

seabob4

Reaction score
The only thing I am having trouble with is the "View Recent Topics"...says there is no match...match to what?

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey guys. Those of you who are having problems with the auto-login might want to check out your anti-virus software. I use AVG and it is changing the erase temp files selection to erase on exit . I haven't been able to determine which parameter controls this behavior but it does it every time I use the laptop.

Gary 93 Gulfstream