new electronics

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,

I would measure the area(s) you have for your electronics to see what will work/fit for you. A multi-functional display might be your best choice.
Depending on your use cases and your experience/familarity with the functionalality of brands, you may have manufacturer preferences.
After that it is features and budget.

All the commercial guys use Furuno equipment, you can't go wrong with their equipment.

I went with Raymarine as I was used to their gear. I've had very good luck with the E-series displays with a 1KW shoot thru ducer. The new led, wireless Ray displays look nice and they are much smaller in depth, but I have never used.

There are may other good manufacturers as well to choose from.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The electronics box door design changed from 99 to 2000. Unfortunately, the 99 opening is smaller.

That said, you have some options. You can get a 7 inch screen in there, and Lowrance has a $200 rebate on the HDS Gen 1 units through the end of the month.

I just did a HDS7, Standard Horizon VHF, and antenna for less than $1000 net after the rebate.

Pick out your electronics, then play around with the templates and your measurements. A custom flush panel to replace the plexiglass door gives you more room to work with,as well.