New Grady Owner

Dieler

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Closing on a 265 Express tomorrow....Unfortunately the weather a bit unstable for my 3 hour cruise to marina. Anyway, looking for input on utilizing an ethanol stabilizer as the vessel has twin 2 Stroke HPDI's. Have heard mixed reviews on effectiveness / necessity of this. Also, will take any suggestions on best place to buy Navionics chip for my chartplotter. Lastly, need to rig her out for some bay and near shore fishing - is there a marketplace anyone suggests for quality items at fair price - the local shops a bit pricey for my needs.

Thanks

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i've used Stabil in non-marine usage for decades and started using it on regular marine fill ups since e10 was introduced (always tossed it in for winter layup). the marine formula is concentrated to 1 oz per 10 gallons. there are other products also.

as far as purchases; i've used Consumers Marine, West Marine, GPSCity and the GPs store (and some others). you have to consider what you are buying and ease/ability of returns. WM has a great return policy (and you pay for it), but they also have good sales that bring prices down to decent levels.

welcome to the board and good luck with the new ride. if you haven't already done the search, there are numerous postings by 265 owners providing insight on how to maximize performance of your boat.

good luck, ron

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Welcome to the board, and congrats on the Grady.

Concur with use of fuel treatment. Startron or Stabil for the ethanol. Ringfree also required by your owner's manual and with 465 hrs on our OX66 before we repowered to twins, I can strongly urge you to use Ringfree. We have continued to use it with the 4S engines, with almost 1100 hrs on them now.

As to electronics, I strongly recommend you contacy Jim Maier at BOEMarine. His prices are great, his service and shipping are even better. You will find his info online.

Best wishes,
Brian

Steds83

Reaction score
Welcome! Great ride choice. I picked mine up at the end of last season and have been very happy so far :goodjob

Where are you located and which waters to you plan on fishing?

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Great Choice! Another 265 Express w/ HPDI's owner here!

I only add the Startron and ring free! Been working well for me.

Good luck and enjoy!

Tim

Dieler

Reaction score
Thanks all,

I am in central NJ, keeping the boat on the Metedeconk River this summer. It is well sorted with electronics (Raytheon RL70C Radar / Humminbird 997c GPS / Plotter /Furuno FCV585 Sounder / Simrad Ap-11 Autopilot) so that should hold me until I learn to fish this beast....I will do the ringfree and treatment suggested above. Was a Great Lakes boater prior so figured the Grady is more appropriate in the new location. Thinking of running it north to marina tommorow but weather been nasty at times, so not quite sure yet...

Appreciate the info, looking forward to getting on the water...