New Grady White Painted hulls

jcamp4

Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the new Grady White Acrylic Painted hulls- if so how do you like it and does it stand up?

Attachments

• GWPaint.jpg
    GWPaint.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 3,077

jcamp4

Reaction score
It is the slate blue - Catumet boats ordered it direct from Grady White. This is a 2011 Freedom 275. Here is another angle.

Attachments

• GWPaint2.jpg
    GWPaint2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,069

30marlin

Reaction score
jcamp4 said:
Does anyone have any of the new Grady White Acrylic Painted hulls- if so how do you like it and does it stand up?

There painted???????

I'd like to see how well they hold up because color gelcoat fades bad.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I would like to know too. There are pros and cons to colored or tinted gel coat versus paint. I have seen few colored boats look good after 5 plus years being in the weather with the exception of those sparlkely bass boats. Those things seem to hold up quite well - lol. I have seen 5 plus year old Gradys though that were well kept and they looked darn good. I like the color hull, it looks nice.

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Paint above the water line will look good for years with little to no maintanence except washing.Just compare your cars finish to gel coat.It's a fact, color or not painted boats done with the correct materials are much better looking over time.Most all the 60 plus footers are painted not gelcoat.Imron, awlgrip, crystal,the list is pretty good, and you don't have to wax them all the time to keep them shiny. :dance :shock: You just have to keep from banging them up with lures and gaffs!Especially no banging into pilings or docks, other than that they look extremely nice.

Adam

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I always companies start to destroy the brand when you start messing with the basics. At least stick with dark blue but that blue/green is gross.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Local dealers I bet were subbing out the work requests and getting it screwed up even more, at least at the factory uniformity is maintained, as well as color choice.

Grady may be forced to return to old days of offering options and choices to get sales, until economy comes back to full-inventory-sell-out days, who knows when that will occur.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My understanding pastels work the best on boats, I like to see fighting lady yellow and seafoam color hulls - more marine like, not the darker colors including this one I don't like, seems more suitable to cars.