New stereo amp

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My wife gave me an amp for Father’s Day. My fishing buddy and engineer is down right now so he can’t help me. I have the black and red wire pretty much figured out. I have a yellow wire that goes to the battery. I need to add many feet of wire to it but not sure how to match the wire. It has 16awg 80c 300v. How do I know what to get for the wire to match the harness?5CDEFC86-4FBE-404F-93BF-6E6645C9E900.jpeg

JRR

Reaction score
One power wire is constant and the other is switched. That connects to the head unit and turns the amp off and on when the unit is turned off and on. You don’t need heavy gushed for that. I’m not and engineer but have installed many stereos. Usually the constant wire is heavy gauge 8 or 4. You can get a kit with the wire at auto stores, Walmart, etc

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks. It is a 16 gauge wire, 80c 300 volts, I found a 16 gauge 120c 600v wire and ran it back to the battery. I also put a kill switch between the lead from the unit and this wire. That way I can shut it off when gone for long periods of time.