New to Club...Annapolis, MD

NoSweat

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself and my Grady. I'm Josh and my new-to-me Grady is a 1978 Grady-White 212 Chesapeake aka "Joel". I am the second owner of this boat. The previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it brand new back in '78. He took meticulous care of the boat and always kept it on a lift. The transom was professionaly rebuilt, and all mechanicals were professionally serviced. It's got a Mercruiser 470 (4 cylinder 170hp) I/O, which I have tried my hardest to learn more about, but seems like there's not too many of them around anymore. I found some great info on this forum though about common problems with the engine...this helped me screen and find a good mechanic. (I asked him about common engine issues, and he cited all of them that I read about).

Anyways, I also wanted to let you guys know I just recreated the vinyl side and helm graphics for the boat. I looked around online and couldn't find anything that was exactly the size that I needed, so I opted to re-create the graphics myself. If anybody else out there needs graphics, let me know. I am a graphic designer and I can resize the vector art to work for your application. I have a great relationship with a local sign company and can get you some great rates too.

Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge that this site provides!! Hope to see some of you at the next Chesapeake Bay Raftup

striped bass

Reaction score
NoSweat,
You are in a great boating scenario on the Chesapeake. We are from Annapolis and now reside in New England. You are making all the right moves by keeping on top of the engine and mechanicals. Interesting that the prior owner kept the boat on a lift but the transom had to be re-built anyway. Have tons of fun with your new boat.

NoSweat

Reaction score
Yeah you're right about that. Lots of neat places to explore. I've definitely realized after living in Annapolis for 9 years, that until we bgot a boat, we've been missing out on everything that this area has to offer. So far the Bay has been real kind to us...nothing more than 2 ft swells, but I know how fast it can change. We keep it in a slip on Back Creek (Eastport), it's nice to just hop on and go for a sunset cruise on a whim. I'm a Jeep guy, and love the Jeep community, and the "Jeep Wave". It's cool to see that the Grady community is so similar!