New to Grady White

Roarque

Reaction score
Current Boston Whaler owner/user living on Vancouver Island and fishing the Strait of Georgia for salmon year 'round.

My favourite angler, Karen, has suggested we might consider replacing the center console design we are now using for a covered boat with a stand up head for our convenience and so we are looking at the Grady White boat as our first alternative to the Whaler.

I hope to use this site to learn as much about the Grady as I already know about the Whaler. Any suggestions as to where I should go on the site to begin this education would be most appreciated.

Roarque

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Although new here myself, I would suggest the following. If you have a certain model Grady in mind let us know. That way current or former owners can post the good and the bad of those models. Should you not have a certain model in mind, post what is most important to you on a boat and what it will be primarily used for and I'm sure that members of the forum will make suggestions to you as far as models that might suit your aims. Good luck...john

Roarque

Reaction score
John, thanks for your reply and good suggestion.

I have looked at a 2005 Kingfisher It has Yamaha power which I like and a lot more room than my Whaler. The package is a turnkey boat ready yo go offshore to fish for salmon but the price is a tad steep at $110K.

We intend to use the boat mostly for fishing but with the occasional overnight so the head is important as is the storage of food and extra clothing etc.

I'm so used to the bare bones nature of the Whaler that the Grady's seem pretty darned fancy - imagine, a cuddy cabin!

More later.

Roarque

Reaction score
Sorry - I posted too quickly. The Grady I viewed locally was a 2005 GW Sailfish 282 with twin Yamaha F250s and Raytheon electronics at $110K.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Roarque,

That price seems too high for that boat. Keep looking around you should be able to find the same boat in the 80-90k range.