New to the forum, future owner.

battles2a5

Reaction score
Hi all, newb here. I've been running a Sea Hunt Gamefish 25 for the last 4 years (first boat) and am looking to move up. I have an opportunity to buy a new 330 express. Super excited but have a few questions for the experience Grady crowd if you will indulge me. Has anyone been on a boat with the 425's? Cruising speed and efficiency seems similar to the 350's with some additional top end, so I am leaning towards those motors. Any thoughts? Also, what other options do you recommend? Is the helm AC worth it in New England? I'm planning to do the helm master, freezer boxes, AV2 top, underwater lights, grill, deluxe chair, and drop curtain. Hopefully will be posting pics of the new beast soon and look forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks!

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I have been on that boat with 250s and 300s. The 4.2 liter 300s we're noticably better. I can only imagine 900 ponies behind that boat! Congrats . My only hesitation is Yamaha's first V8 , the 350 and I think the original 300 had generation 1 issues. As long as they stand behind you, you should be good to go.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree. If you are going all in on a 330, it really comes down engine reliability. Those 425s look nice but I'd be a little concerned with an early year new Yamaha. They don't have a reputation for standing behind their product (almost none of them do to the degree they should). I'd be happy with the twin 300s but if you want the power....

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady