NewMember/Old Grady

James

Reaction score
I'm purchasing 1986 Trophy Pro GW. The hull is in great shape, it just needs some TLC, which I can't wait to provide. It comes with no power (my preference) and I plan to work on it and have it ready for the season next summer. Here're a couple of questions:

Is there a prefered supplier of original parts, decals, etc. for older Grady White boats?

What is the ideal power (I'll use twins) for this type boat?

I would appreciate any comments, recommendations and/or information, good or bad, as I have not finilized this transaction yet.

Thanks in advance,

James

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You might want to check with your local GW dealer. They should be able to provide you with a good number of original parts. Many of the components are from third party marine vendors (Perko, etc.) and should be fairly easy to obtain.

Good luck with your efforts!

blackgrady

Reaction score
take the time to research parts prices...I've bought almost everything from ebay, greatlakesskipper.com and jamestowndistributors.com. I've saved incredible amounts of money restoring mine (85 Trophy Pro). Post some pictures, I'd love to see em'.

PS: check the transom! I got lucky with mine, and cut the top off, deemed it ok and glassed and gel coated it shut then made a boss bracket for support before hanging the engines again. Others have not been so fortunate.