Nextrail trailers?

Crash

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just joined the Great Grady site. I'm buying a 2002 Fisherman 222 with a 2007 250 hp Yamaha four-stroke and now I'm looking for a trailer for it. The dealer told me that a roller trailer would run about $5000 but that seems high to me. I'm also leaning toward a bunk style trailer.

I've seen a few Nextrail trailers around and the prices on their web site seem pretty low for the capacity. But the few reviews I could find online have some complaints about the trailers and the service from the company. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. I'd also appreciate any ideas on how much a good quality trailer might run for a boat that size.

I'm a previous Tournament 193 owner so I appreciate the quality of a Grady White.

Thanks in advance!

Crash

Reaction score
Thanks, Greg. I Googled Loadmaster and asked for a quote. How did you decide on a Loadmaster?

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Crash said:
Thanks, Greg. I Googled Loadmaster and asked for a quote. How did you decide on a Loadmaster?

Combination of quality and price, Steve made sure I had the options I needed and would making towing easier - SS hardware, guides, front bunks. Continental trailers were slightly more and Float On well above on pricing.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Another vote for Steve at East Coast and a Loadmaster....

I have purchased 3 trailers from him. He will give you an honest assessment of what you need, and a decent deal on it as well.

Crash

Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like it's unanimous. I'll contact Steve. Hopefully they deliver to Cape Cod. Thanks again to you and Greg!

Tundra1

Reaction score
Call J Johnstone Marine in Old Saybrook CT. He can set you up with a Venture roller trailer for cheap money. In past yrs I bought a 5000 lb tandem roller with alloy wheels for 3200. A straight shooter.

Ryan

Crash

Reaction score
Thanks, Tundra. That sounds like a good price.

The dealer I'm buying the boat thru quoted me $3,723 for a Load Rite bunk style (23T5400TSA1) with 5400 lbs capacity with LED lights, spare tire, and tongue jack options. From what I can find, it seem that Load Rite is a decent quality trailer. Anyone have feedback on Load Rites?

When I went to the Load Rite web site I noticed they also offer aluminum trailers. An aluminum bunk with 6000 lbs capacity weighs in at 1,175 lbs compared to 1,600 lbs for the galvanized. Does anyone have feedback on aluminum versus galvanized (performance and cost-wise)? I'll be putting it into saltwater and I know they make alunimum boats for the salt.

Thanks again for your help!

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What are you towing with? That's a lot of extra weight to be dragging around. I need to go with an aluminum bunk for my Islander since it will save 800 lbs on towing capacity. For the 180 Sportsman, it keeps me under the limit on the Murano and under the limit for which FL requires brakes.

Crash

Reaction score
I have a Ford F150 with the 7700 towing package so I can handle either. Both trailer models come with disk brakes.

It does seem like a lot less weight. I wonder if the lower weight translates into lower cost (not what a dealer might want to offer up as a the first option).

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Crash said:
I have a Ford F150 with the 7700 towing package so I can handle either. Both trailer models come with disk brakes.

It does seem like a lot less weight. I wonder if the lower weight translates into lower cost (not what a dealer might want to offer up as a the first option).

I think galvanized is cheaper but aluminum lasts longer in the salt, hence the greater propensity to see them here in FL.

Crash

Reaction score
Greg B said:
I think galvanized is cheaper but aluminum lasts longer in the salt, hence the greater propensity to see them here in FL.

Yeah, the price for the aluminimum is $4,563. I guess I'll go for the galvanized bunk. I'll only be using the boat about half the year up here.

Thanks again for the dialogue.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Galvanized trailers are the most common out here, but aluminum is just SO much nicer. The galv gets all dark and they start to rust from the inside out. Plus as mentioned, they add a qute a bit of towing weight. Having owned painted, galvanized, and aluminum, I would definitely choose the latter.

Either way, go for Kodiak brakes, the tie-down stuff is subtantially less durable.

I put alloy wheels on to match. Some guys don't care how their rig looks going down the road.

DSC00217.jpg

Brad1

Reaction score
Crash said:
Hi Folks,

I just joined the Great Grady site. I'm buying a 2002 Fisherman 222 with a 2007 250 hp Yamaha four-stroke and now I'm looking for a trailer for it. The dealer told me that a roller trailer would run about $5000 but that seems high to me. I'm also leaning toward a bunk style trailer.

I've seen a few Nextrail trailers around and the prices on their web site seem pretty low for the capacity. But the few reviews I could find online have some complaints about the trailers and the service from the company. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. I'd also appreciate any ideas on how much a good quality trailer might run for a boat that size.

I'm a previous Tournament 193 owner so I appreciate the quality of a Grady White.

Thanks in advance!

Nextrail was one of the brands I was considering when I bought my 226. But looking at them up close, I recall not being impressed with the workmanship. What I really wanted was an Eagle, but the dealership incorrectly told me they were out of business. I ended up going with an EZ Loader. The model I have has 4 full sized bunks. You'd be hard presseed to find a trailer that provides the same amount of hull support. Not saying EZ Loader is the best, but I do like the hull support from this bunk configuration. If you go to their website, look up bunk trailer model # TEZ 23-25/27. You'll see what I mean about the bunk configuration. It's 5,800 capacity galvanized. I like galvanized because it doesn't flex as much as aluminum, however, if I were a salt water boater, I'd probably go aluminum. Galvanized is heavier though. Rolls axle makes a very nice aluminum trailer. Nicest I've seen anyway.

Crash

Reaction score
CJBROWN said:
Galvanized trailers are the most common out here, but aluminum is just SO much nicer. The galv gets all dark and they start to rust from the inside out. Plus as mentioned, they add a qute a bit of towing weight. Having owned painted, galvanized, and aluminum, I would definitely choose the latter.

Either way, go for Kodiak brakes, the tie-down stuff is subtantially less durable.

I put alloy wheels on to match. Some guys don't care how their rig looks going down the road.

That is a nice looking rig, CJ. I ended up going with the galvanized. I have my name in for a slip in a local harbor and after about 15 years I'm number 5 on the list (started around 25). At this point I move up about 1 place a year. Once we get the slip we'll move up to a larger boat. Sooo, the trailer needs to last me about 5 years. If I was going to keep it forever I may have bitten the bullet and gone with the aluminum. Thanks for the input, though.

Crash

Reaction score
Brad1 said:
Nextrail was one of the brands I was considering when I bought my 226. But looking at them up close, I recall not being impressed with the workmanship. What I really wanted was an Eagle, but the dealership incorrectly told me they were out of business. I ended up going with an EZ Loader. The model I have has 4 full sized bunks. You'd be hard presseed to find a trailer that provides the same amount of hull support. Not saying EZ Loader is the best, but I do like the hull support from this bunk configuration. If you go to their website, look up bunk trailer model # TEZ 23-25/27. You'll see what I mean about the bunk configuration. It's 5,800 capacity galvanized. I like galvanized because it doesn't flex as much as aluminum, however, if I were a salt water boater, I'd probably go aluminum. Galvanized is heavier though. Rolls axle makes a very nice aluminum trailer. Nicest I've seen anyway.

Thanks, Brad. I ended up going with the Load Rite. It sounds comparable to the EZ Loader with 4 bunks. It has disk brakes and I got a few extras with the boat show special. Plus I'm getting it from the same dealer who'll maintain my boat.

Based on the little that I found about Nextrail it sounds like there are concerns about their quality. And a few people complained about their customer service as well.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thumbs Up on LoadRite

Crash said:
Thanks, Tundra. That sounds like a good price.

The dealer I'm buying the boat thru quoted me $3,723 for a Load Rite bunk style (23T5400TSA1) with 5400 lbs capacity with LED lights, spare tire, and tongue jack options. From what I can find, it seem that Load Rite is a decent quality trailer. Anyone have feedback on Load Rites?

When I went to the Load Rite web site I noticed they also offer aluminum trailers. An aluminum bunk with 6000 lbs capacity weighs in at 1,175 lbs compared to 1,600 lbs for the galvanized. Does anyone have feedback on aluminum versus galvanized (performance and cost-wise)? I'll be putting it into saltwater and I know they make alunimum boats for the salt.

Thanks again for your help!

Bought rollers last spring for a 20-footer. During the spring, they were having a promotion for radials and LED's and the non-marring rollers. I paid $3100 or so in New Jersey. It was really a good deal, and the LR seems to take the road well. Try to order as much weight capacity for the length as you can - you'd be surprised how fast the weight of the engine, full fuel, a full 70-gallon cooler, gear, and safety equip adds to the weight of the boat.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Brad1 said:
Crash said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance!

Brad,
Eagle DID go out of business for a while sometime between 2002 when I bought one for my previous Boston Whaler and 2008 when I bought my new one for my Tournamnet 225. They were in Wyandotte, MI originally then re-opened in Homer, MI. They are now in Humboldt, Iowa and I believe they are owned by Yacht Club trailers. I know you and Beaver Park aren't on the best of terms, but they were probably telling you the truth about Eagle.