Offshore 24 Canvas

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
Looking for pictures of Offshore 24's canvas tops so I can send it to my canvas guy. Need interior and exterior views

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A canvas guy needs pictures to do his job? Seems funny to me, they should know what to do if they do this regularly unless your having something custom done. Should be very basic design for them, clear plastic from the bimini down on 3 sides, and clear to the bottom of the aft side window up and canvas down from there is the norm. Personally, if the guy needs pictures, I'd run away and find a new guy, he should know by heart what it should look like, it is a very standard top to do. Where in NJ are you located? Maybe I can recommend someone if I know your area or maybe someone with good expriences can recommend someone for you as well.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
gradyfish22 said:
A canvas guy needs pictures to do his job? Seems funny to me, they should know what to do if they do this regularly unless your having something custom done. Should be very basic design for them, clear plastic from the bimini down on 3 sides, and clear to the bottom of the aft side window up and canvas down from there is the norm. Personally, if the guy needs pictures, I'd run away and find a new guy, he should know by heart what it should look like, it is a very standard top to do. Where in NJ are you located? Maybe I can recommend someone if I know your area or maybe someone with good expriences can recommend someone for you as well.

Im having something custom done, They usually put the bars that hold it up on the outside of the canvas I want them on the inside cause it will be my primary cover for the helm area. I dont want the bars visible from the outside and want canvas in front of them. Kind of hard to explain but Offshore24 has the setup that I would like.

georgemjr

Reaction score
I have pictures of the job done to mine. I have since sold the boat so I can not take any more details of the inside, but would be happy to email you what I have. I had some nice details done including: outside of the bars and angled to the top of the boxes behind the seat - added some interior room. Email me your email address and I will send the pics. My email is georgemjr@hotmail.com. I do not know any other way to get the pics to you. I haven't bothered to figure out the pic thing on here yet and do not have a web based picture account...george

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You sure you want the bars inside, I found that on my older 22 the bars were great to hold onto when going forward, putting them inside only gives you the bow rail, which is sort of out of the way to hold onto if its rough out. Plus, your safer grabbing something more centerline in the boat then something outboard. If this is not a concern for you then go for it. Good luck with the top.

georgemjr

Reaction score
Only the vertical bars were inside. This boat has additional supports that angle from the vertical supports to the horiaontal ones. They were outside of the canvas and are the only supports you would grab - with or without canvas on the boat.

Offshore24

Reaction score
160825-original.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice job on the photo canvas!

I prefer the tube on the outside myself, would have been flipped off the walkaround into the water many a time trying to get to the bow in a rock and roll Noreaster! , in my 204C.

The Grady product catalogs (go to website) from the early 90s has photos of the optional "Vista" top, I used the catalog when I went into the canvas guy, since I wanted it the way I wanted it, if you know what I mean. Same for height I specified (taller than they would have made it), and I wanted the forward plastic more vertical than slanted back.

With the frame tube on the outside, I was also able to mount a rod/net holder on each side to the frame.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
As I look at the photo again, I had the rear supports made of tubes not straps, so with the tubes outside, good for crew to hold onto while underway or in seas.

The reason I had the front plastic more vertical, was because in an off planning speed with the bow up when the water doesn't allow planning speds, I'm standing and leaning forward and my head was near to the window frame top. Didn't want the plastic to be against my face. I got a new nav light tube so it cleared the more vertical plastic, same mount.