Opinions on 1996 Grady White 24 Voyager

JayT

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a 1996 248 Voyager with a 1996 Yamaha 225 and very clean. I have owned 2 different Albemarle 24's in the past. The Voyager seems to be a better combination of fish and cruise for my family. How does ths boat ride and handle? Is the 225 adequate power, and what is the approximate fuel burn, and speed on ths set up. Is the hard top bolted thru and are there any other thoughts on this boat?
Thanks!

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I have a 97 Voyager with 250hp that I purchased 4years ago.

It's been a great boat providing trouble free service. I fish it up tp 50-60miles off the Oregon coast and find it to be a good ride in our rough conditions. Balancing the weight is the key to a softride. Center fuel tank full with aft tank carrying the balance of fuel required for the day help keep bow down without having to use excessive trim tab use. We typically run 19-20kts into 3-4ft swells with 1-2ft wind wave.

225 should be plenty of power for average use. I will upgrade mine to 300hp when required only because we run at max payload when running offshore and the bigger motor should run easier. My 250hp get's it done very nicely, but a little more hp will help reduce loads and fuel burn I think.

When not fishing the 250hp way more power than needed.

Post any questions you may have about other areas of interest etc..