Out of Dash room- where to put remote spotlight control?

Boat Hound

Reaction score
I have just picked up a remote spotlight which was way over due for my 265Express - but the remote for requires a 2 1/8" hole cutout for it. I can't seem to find a place to mount it. I have the standard gauge package with the trim tabs just ahead of the throttles, the windlass controls and breaker to the right of the wheel, and the stereo remote on the binnacle mount.

Any suggestions? I wasn't looking for a project here, but I am thinking I might have to move some things around, but not sure where to put them!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can make a small liitle box for it, and attach surface mount to side of hardtop box, or underside of hardtop, something like that. Don't need cutout.

Perhaps maufacturer offers a box for surface mount.

georgemjr

Reaction score
If you can return the spotlight you have, they do sell ones with hand-held remote controls. They are the easiest to mount since you do not have to connect the spotlight and the control panel. Mount the light to the hardtop and use the hand held remote to operate it. This is the set-up I intend on going with...

Boat Hound

Reaction score
I like the idea of making a box for it in the radio box- way easier to wire as well. At the very least it is easy enough to just give it a try. Really appreciate the idea.

I almost did the remote thing, then my wife reminded me of my propensity to lose things. That and batteries always die at the worst time.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anytime.

That's a standard size intrument cutout, if you look in instrument catalogs, may be able to get a premade bracket (thinking L or C shaped) to adapt the instrument to surface mount, same goes for your swithc.

Try Teleflex, etc.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
My controls are flush mounted in the center section of my overhead electronics box.