Outboard Bracket??

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted a boat with an OB mounted on the transom to an OB mounted on a 30" Bracket?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Why a 30" bracket? I can see using a single 30" on a bracket made for twins but a single bracket would look off if it was made for a 30" motor.

gw204

Reaction score
I think he's talking about the length of the bracket and not the engine shaft length.

Anyway, lots of people do it. Heck, I'm doing exactly that with my 17' Mako. You don't see it ofter on here, but it's always being documented on a bunch of other forums. ClassicMako is one of them.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
GW204...you are correct. I was referring to the bracket depth. I'm told 29-30" is required to allow you to tilt the engine back.

I like OBs, but i don't like the idea of having an open transom. I prefer the closed transom with the OB on bracket. Unfortunately most of the boats for sale, don't have bracket. I'm not saying I'd convert, I'm just wondering if its possible.

gw204

Reaction score
That's the beauty of working with fiberglass. Just about anything is possible. :)

3rd Day

Reaction score
Yes it is possible. The FD I work for purchased an open transom boat and we added a bracket and capped above it. Looked like it belonged.