Outboard Hydrofoils

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just got a 209 Escape. Can't afford trim tabs yet. Do those hydorfoil wing thingies that attach to the cavitation plate on the motor do anything?

Stonewall

Reaction score
Yes they do help. However most of them require that you drill into the cavitation plate to attach them. If your motor is still under warranty, drilling into the cavitaion plate may void the warranty. Check it out before hand

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They do work, especially on boats under 25ft, smaller boats like yours will see a noticable gain in trim control, as well as the ability to get on plane with less power and stay on plane with less power. Some guys say they see better fuel economy, that can occur as well, but your significant gain will be with the trim control and ability to hold plane at low speeds. My buddy runs them on his 29 welcraft with twins, does not give him trim adjustment much due to the boats weight, but still gets him on plane easier so even on bigger rigs they do work to some extent.

tibeachguy

Reaction score
I installed the StingRay Hydrofoil on my 1997 Escape. Made a big difference. It got me up on plane much quicker and lowered the bow of the boat while under way. Well worth the $50.00! (Hopefully, it saves some gas money too.)