Outraged over the new National Saltwater Angler Registery

jdsmith

Reaction score
I just happened across an article in the february 2010 issue of Woods and Water (Page 39) and read about this registry. Someone tell me that I am misunderstanding what I just read. A government registry that will cost each and every saltwater angler about $25.00 beginning in 2011. Is this insane or what? Where is the opposition? I was not opposed to the saltwater fishing license but I see absolutely no benefit to anyone having to pay this rediculous fee. Someone please tell me that there is a positive reason for this fee.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Get used to it...it's more big-brother, big government.

And you all wanted change. :roll:

Out here they're creating reserves (reads: closures) so they can protect our fishery. It's all based on junk science, the people that have been around the water their whole life know better.

The sportfishermen made so much noise it's still under advisement, and with the state on the verge of bankruptcy perhaps it will never get done.

We won't even get started on the air resources board...another junk government group with zero accountability. They can and do litterally put entire industries out of business.

3000 families a month are leaving this state. Will the last one to leave please turn out the lights.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
of all the things the gov needs to get involved in,

THIS AINT ONE OF THEM!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

stay outta my pockets......BAM...

jdsmith

Reaction score
CJBROWN,

Do you know of any opposition organizations I might join here in the Richmond, Virginia area? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
3000 families a month are leaving this state. Will the last one to leave please turn out the lights.

============================================

NJ too, gonna run out of room in FL pretty soon. Better get your land now or you will be buying swamps.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
sfc2113 said:
of all the things the gov needs to get involved in,

THIS AINT ONE OF THEM!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

stay outta my pockets......BAM...

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Re: Outraged over the new National Saltwater Angler Register

jdsmith said:
I just happened across an article in the february 2010 issue of Woods and Water (Page 39) and read about this registry. Someone tell me that I am misunderstanding what I just read. A government registry that will cost each and every saltwater angler about $25.00 beginning in 2011. Is this insane or what? Where is the opposition? I was not opposed to the saltwater fishing license but I see absolutely no benefit to anyone having to pay this rediculous fee. Someone please tell me that there is a positive reason for this fee.

Relax, at least a little.

Virginia will likely make two changes in the saltwater license process:
1) collect telephone numbers with current licensing
2) drop the "boat license"

This will allow Virginia to come into compliance with the Federal requirement to build a "phone book" (i.e. database) of the folks who actually fish. Virginia will license everyone, and provide the required info to the Feds. This is currently done by North Carolina, and several other states, and their license holders are not required to register on the National Angler Registry.

If Virginia does not make these changes, then VA anglers will have to pay to register on the National Angler Registry, and all that money goes to the Feds - none to Virginia. So, there is sufficient reason for Virginia to make the changes.

Brian

wanderer200

Reaction score
Re: Outraged over the new National Saltwater Angler Register

jdsmith said:
Someone please tell me that there is a positive reason for this fee.
The only positive would be better (hopefully) catch numbers to base limits on.
Apparently all those college degrees hasn`t helped them figure out how to count.
Catch reports will be coming by mail once they get their list together.

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
jdsmith the benifit is 25dollars x fishermen = major big bucks
on the positive I don't see any because to justify thier jobs they have to manipulate the numbers. Otherwise they would not be needed.
This is only my opinion but I stick with it.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Consider This

How long will the Saltwater Registry remain at the bargain price of $25? The tax man cometh under the guise of environmentalism. :evil: