Owner Work friendly yard?

scottstef

Reaction score
I am buying a 1989 offshore. I keep my boats in a slip. I need suggestions for a marina that I can put the new boat on so I can paint the bottom, and do basic prep work on. Any suggestions? I am purchasing boat in Milford Delaware, will tow it to the Chesapeake drop the boat in and motor to the marina. And yes it’s complicated- I don’t have a tow vehicle so I’m hiring someone to get it to the ramp for me.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am buying a 1989 offshore. I keep my boats in a slip. I need suggestions for a marina that I can put the new boat on so I can paint the bottom, and do basic prep work on. Any suggestions? I am purchasing boat in Milford Delaware, will tow it to the Chesapeake drop the boat in and motor to the marina. And yes it’s complicated- I don’t have a tow vehicle so I’m hiring someone to get it to the ramp for me.
I'm near Annapolis, Abell Custom Marine let's you work on your own boat. I was there every day for weeks this past offseason. https://www.abellcustommarine.com/ Great people, very reasonable, and if you do get in a bind their work is top notch.

Reactions: scottstef

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Hidden harbor marina will allow you to work on your own boat.... everything except bottom paint due to health and enviormental hazards.

Rhode river marina will as well. But they have hoops to jump through to get boat pulled and racked. I think they charge a fee as well.