OX-66 T/T indicator won't move

Gary M

Reaction score
2001 250 OX-66

I noticed last time out that the trim/tilt indicator bar will not go above two bars..........

Ideas before I call my $90/hr mechanic?

Average Joe

Reaction score
Check the mechanical T/T assembly on the motor. Two things I have experienced with my motor are :
The spring loaded "indicator arm" on the motor gets gunked up with salt and doesn't move. Spray with a liitle CRC and move it back and forth to free it up.

The other potential problem is a fixed plastic tab that the indicator arm makes contact with on the horizontal shaft that breaks very easily. The only solution is to buy a new one for a few bucks from the dealer and replace it.

catch22

Reaction score
I had a 2001 250 OX-66. Had the same problem. Exactly as Average Joe said - spray the spring loaded arm with crc/lubricant, and keep working it up and down. It's a little tough to get at. Have the motor trimmed all the way up. You'll need to use the plastic tube for the spray nozzle to get into the spring area. Should do the trick.

mronzo

Reaction score
If the engine trim is working you don't go by bars but how it's working!

The gauge sight thing is OK but you don't need the gauge to know if it's working. Your engine has a spring loaded POS sensor
that will need to be replaced while out of water ( to make it easier)
Mine needed replacing this past spring but it was low on my list.