Oxidation remover

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Does anyone have a suggestion on the best products to use to remove oxidation on a 305 Express that was not waxed for 3 yrs

seasick

Reaction score
In general try the least aggressive polish or compound to see if it works. Are you going to use an electric buffer? You probably will need to. There are some pretty good videos on the web. Search for restoring a boat hull video or compounding a boat hull.
In many cases where the oxidation is not too deep, a product like Buff Magic works.
If the oxidation is really bad, the first step is often wet sanding, followed by compounding, polishing and waxing.
It can be a lot of work

Reactions: Pighunter
O

oliver305

I recommend Meguiar’s oxidation removers. It doesn’t only clean your boat, but it is also capable of preserving your boat’s surfaces and restoring color so that your boat will look new again. Effective in removing oxidation, scratches, spots, and stains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Big fan of Buff Magic here....easy to work with and gives great results.

Also good for removing paint scratches off the fender of the truck when you scrape the garage wall. Don't ask me how I know.......

Reactions: JJMag

Fishtales

Reaction score
If light try Colinite Fiberglass cleaner. Dupont #7 cut with water 50% for a deeper clean.

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Quick-Glo This product is remarkable cleans polishes and seals all of your metal components stainless steel chrome Aluminum Takes rust stain off of those components made in the USA family owned company and it’s definitely not over price for this product.
He just came out with a glass cleaner sealer I have some on order Should receive it next week.
Here’s his website with his phone number if you’re interested in it he doesn’t have his glass cleaner up on the website just came out with it .

jillyrubyjane

Reaction score
Model
Dolphin
I am always buying 3M stuff but for this price I decided to give Oxidation Remover of Meguiar a try. I finally tried it on the transom of my bass boat tonight because I figured I had the time today. Well I am very very happy with the outcome of this stuff! I just used a small 3 inch foam buffing wheel and followed the directions on the bottle. This has the gel coat looking new and also removed water stains. I could not be any happier unless it was a sprat on wipe off !!! Easy to use, didn't take much and looks great!

Last edited:

garyroe

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2021 Blackfin 272CC that is in excellent shape, but after about 3–4 years of sitting in the sun, it was starting to show signs of oxidation. a slight to moderate chalky-looking coating on the side that gets the sun most of the day. Meguiar's oxidation remover worked pretty well! I painted on accents that were pretty oxidized. It leaves the surface smooth and shiny and is made using safe ingredients.

Last edited: