palm beach fla fishing guide help

gxsess

Reaction score
I will be in palm beach for a work function the end of may and looking to get some fishing done. Not real familiar with the area and as you can imagine a google search pulls up a million guide services. Curious if anyone has any recommendations I am hoping to book a fly fishing trip in the salt. Thanks

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not too many inshore guides in Palm Beach, but there are a few. Captain Danny Barrow is one I know personally. Never fished with him, but I know he is a good guy. Contact him here: http://gosnookfishing.com/home.htm

But I really recommend you call Tom Twyford at the West Palm Beach Fishing Club (Ph: (561) 832-6780). No one is more knowledgeable than Tom and you can't go wrong following his advice.

If you do want to go offshore and you want a reasonable center console rather than the big sport fishers, then contact Bruce or Tim at New Port Cove Marine Center (561.844.2504). There are a couple of + 28 - 30' center consoles that run from there that are reasonably priced.

Rob

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just received this today and thought it might be of interest:

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 12:07 PM
To: WPBFC MEMBER LIST #4
Subject: Fishing Club Meeting Tomorrow & Friday Fish Fry

WPBFC Members,

If you’ve ever wanted to catch offshore fish with a fly rod you won’t want to miss tomorrow’s West Palm Beach Fishing Club meeting (Wednesday, May 2nd at 7 pm at the WPBFC clubhouse). Club member Capt. Scott Hamilton of Jupiter is one of the best in the business when it comes to fly rodding for bluewater species. Scott’s seminar topic is Spring & Summertime Offshore Fly Rodding: How to catch Kingfish, Tuna, Dolphin & More with Fly Tackle. Scott always gives up some great info...even if you don’t fly fish you’ll learn something from what he has to say. Check out his website at www.flyfishingextremes.com. The ‘videos’ page on his site has some awesome shark and dolphin on fly footage! Hope to see you at the meeting.

Finally, we have planned a Volunteer Appreciation Party (invitation attached) for this Friday at the club. If you have volunteered for a club or fishing foundation event and intend to join us at the party please RSVP...we are finalizing our numbers and need to hear from you. Thank you.

West Palm Beach Fishing Club
201 Fifth Street
West Palm Beach, FL. 33401
(561) 832-6780