Penn International 30

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looking to get a few of these for trolling as I use Penn GTI 10 for bottom fishing and don't think the GTI would hold up to a Mahi ot Tuna run while trolling.

Figured I would get a few of the old school 30's to troll with. Looked at the new 30VSX but didn't want to drop over 500 per reel to get started.

What's a good price for one if it's in good shape?

Thanks

downtown

Reaction score
30's are nice, depending on what you are targeting. i like wides and i like two speeds. but i'm looking for blue fin tuna. so i use 50s and up.

a 30 or 30 wide used - check ebay and you will get an idea of what they sell for. check the hull truth in the classifieds for guys that may be selling them.

also, you can look at shimano TLD 50's or something smaller TLD 25s. They also make TLDs in 20, 30, 50 2 speed.

hope this helps.

downtown

Reaction score
That's what I call service!

I'm sure you'll get a great deal.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A graphite frame in anything over a 30 is asking for trouble. You can pick up an older Okuma TG50, prep it properly and it'll be much better than a TLD for the same or less money. If you're only after schoolie bluefin a 30W is more than enough reel.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
downtown said:
30's are nice, depending on what you are targeting. i like wides and i like two speeds. but i'm looking for blue fin tuna. so i use 50s and up.

a 30 or 30 wide used - check ebay and you will get an idea of what they sell for. check the hull truth in the classifieds for guys that may be selling them.

also, you can look at shimano TLD 50's or something smaller TLD 25s. They also make TLDs in 20, 30, 50 2 speed.

hope this helps.

Thanks,,,

I picked up a couple of 30's off E-bay and watching two more,,,waiting to hear from Finatic about his two in the garage.