Placing Pics on a Web Hosting Site

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I know this topic was covered before, but I still need more detail to get my pics uploaded to the free hosting site. Yeah, it's funny but I should learn how to do this.

OK, I have 7 pics (files) in a folder. I'm using Windows XP with Verizon DSL as my service provider. What are the detailed key strokes I need to copy the pics that are located in "My Pictures" and upload them to the webhosting site? I already opened the webhosting site, and have an active account there. Thanks.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use Photobucket. What i do is they have a place that you click to upload, when you do click is asking you from where, then you go to your picktures, double click on your picture and uploads or asking you if you want to upload more. After you uploaded your picks, go to your Photobucket album pick the picture you like, right click on the last option copy it, then come here and paste it. Once you do it once is very easy to do it over and over. Good luck.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sooooo.....

the whole process starts when you request your hosting domain to upload the photos?

pilotart

Reaction score
Yes, when you select "upload" they give you a 'browse' button that will allow you to navigate to your photo folder and select the photo.

Think they allow you to select up to four photos to upload at one time.

I resize before uploading, but others have stated that you can resize within PhotoBucket.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Uploading

I got the pics uploaded to the host, but then... I tried to post the pics on our website using the method our moderator prescribed. Did it twice just to make sure there were no typos, but I could not get it to go. In the posting there was a little icon that indicates a photo should have been there, but the actual pic was not. I'm using "yourfreewebhosting.net" if anyone has any insights into why it wouldn't go.