Port cubby in 2001 GW Adventure 208

Reaction score
On the port side of my Adventure 208 is a little cubby with two drawers in it. The inside of the cubby has become detached from the hull and the door won't close properly because the catch for the door latch is attached to the inside of the cubby which is now displaced (see picture).

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to repair this or how to access this space.

Anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 495

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
commander-flatus said:
On the port side of my Adventure 208 is a little cubby with two drawers in it. The inside of the cubby has become detached from the hull and the door won't close properly because the catch for the door latch is attached to the inside of the cubby which is now displaced (see picture).

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to repair this or how to access this space.

Anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've looked at this, and my boat is a few years older, but what I recall is that if you remove the door frame trim, the whole drawer box assembly will slide right out. This will also give you access to the livewell inflow fitting (if you have that option)